Latest Alzheimer's News
- Sudoku, Crosswords Make Your Brain Years Younger
- Exercise, Healthy Eating Can Reduce Dementia Risk
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship to Nursing Homes
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Dementia Risk
- Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Through Brain
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
To help a confused person, MedlinePlus suggests:
- Always introduce yourself, no matter how well the person once knew you.
- Remind the person of his or her location.
- Place a calendar and clock near the person.
- Talk about current events and plans for the day.
- Keep surroundings calm, quiet and peaceful.
MedlinePlus urges you to call 911 if confusion has come on suddenly or is accompanied by other symptoms.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.