Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
WEDNESDAY, Dec. 4, 2019 (HealthDay News) -- Possible listeria contamination has triggered the recall of ready-to-eat sushi, salads and spring rolls made by Fuji Food Products and sold at major retailers in 31 U.S. states.
The recalled products are sold at locations including Trader Joe's, 7-Eleven, Walgreens, Food Lion, Hannaford, Giant Eagle, Porky Products, Bozzuto's, Supreme Lobster and Superior Foods, CBS News reported.
The recalled products are packed in plastic trays with clear lids. Consumers who bought the products should throw them away, Fuji said. Consumers with questions can call (888) 667-1504.
Operations at a Fuji plant in Brockton, Mass., have been suspended as an investigation is conducted, according to the company, CBS News reported.
Listeria monocytogenes can cause serious, and sometimes fatal, infections in children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.