Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Seven other African countries have similar outbreaks and there have also been cases in Asia.
It's rare, but the live virus in oral polio vaccine can mutate into a form that can cause new cases. All the current vaccine-related cases have been caused by a Type 2 virus in the vaccine. The wild version of the virus was eliminated years ago, the AP reported.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.