Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
But with clear goals, self-monitoring and practice, you can improve your self-control, says the American Psychological Association.
The association suggests:
- Use the "out of sight, out of mind" approach.
- Prepare "if-then" scenarios for tempting situations.
- Stay motivated. This can overcome weakened willpower.
- Like a muscle, regularly exercise self-control to improve it.
- Eat regularly to maintain blood-sugar levels.
- Focus on one goal at a time.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.