Hearing aid: An instrument to help in hearing. There are four common styles of hearing aids.
From largest to smallest, they are:
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids,
- In-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids,
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids, and
- Completely-in-the-canal (CIC) hearing aids.
There is also a body hearing aid for very severe hearing loss. In general, hearing aids should ideally be binaural (in both ears), if the hearing loss involves both ears.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
- Surgery Second Opinion
- Caregivers: Don't Forget Your Needs
- Drug Abuse Recovery
- Dupuytren’s Treatment