Latest Prevention & Wellness News
- Mask Use by Americans Now Tops 90%, Poll Find
- Coronavirus in a Cough: Masks Stopping the Spread
- Fauci 'Cautiously Optimistic' for COVID-19 Vaccine
- More Than Half of Americans Know Someone Infected
- CDC Recommends Face Masks in All Public Transports
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- More than 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2017 alone, says the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
To stay safer on the road, the agency encourages motorcyclists to:
- Practice operating your motorcycle before taking it into traffic.
- Check your motorcycle's tire pressure, tread depth, breaks, lights and fluid levels before riding.
- Wear a helmet that meets federal safety standards and proper body protection.
- Obey traffic lights, signs, speed limits and lane markings.
- Stay alcohol- and drug -ree.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.