Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Seven people have been hospitalized, but no deaths have been reported, the CDC said in an update about the ongoing investigation.
Any turtle can carry salmonella, even it if appears clean and healthy. Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately after touching, feeding, or caring for a turtle or cleaning its habitat, the CDC advised.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.