Latest Mental Health News
But learning to live without these substances can be difficult, and some medicines can actually trigger a relapse.
To take medicine safely after substance abuse recovery, the AAFP encourages former abusers to:
- Read the list of ingredients.
- Follow dosage and instructions.
- Choose products that are alcohol-free.
- Avoid herbal supplements and weight-loss products.
- Avoid nasal sprays.
- Ask someone you trust to manage and dispense your medication.
The AAFP urges people in recovery to work closely with a doctor.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.