Latest Infectious Disease News
Such was the case of one 77 year-old Michigan hunter, who most likely got sick by inhaling the germ while removing a dead deer's infected organs, CNN reports.
The patient had been hunting in an area where two other hunters were infected more than 15 years ago.
The infection is usually gotten by eating or drinking unpasteurized dairy products or having direct contact though an open wound while hunting or slaughtering an infected animal, CNN reports.
Although rare, anyone working closely with animals that might carry the germ or eating raw dairy should get screened for TB, CNN said.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.