Latest Infectious Disease News
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Chicken Coops Pose Threat of 'Viral Spillover'
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
To avoid contracting cholera, the CDC recommends:
- Drink and use safe water.
- Wash your hands often with soap and safe water.
- Use latrines or bury your feces. Never defecate in a body of water.
- Cook food well, keep it covered and eat it hot.
- Peel fruits and vegetables.
- Clean the kitchen and areas where the family bathes or washes clothes.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.