Latest Prevention & Wellness News
- Mask Use by Americans Now Tops 90%, Poll Find
- Coronavirus in a Cough: Masks Stopping the Spread
- Fauci 'Cautiously Optimistic' for COVID-19 Vaccine
- More Than Half of Americans Know Someone Infected
- CDC Recommends Face Masks in All Public Transports
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- After breaking your nose, you should rest, ice it and keep your head elevated, says MedlinePlus.
When caring for a broken nose at home, MedlinePlus reminds people:
- Do not remove any packing or splints unless instructed by your doctor.
- Take hot showers to breathe in the steam.
- Clean the inside of your nose with a cotton swab.
- Avoid heavy lifting and sports until your nose heals.
- If you take any medicine nasally, talk to your doctor first.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.