Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Those with norovirus may feel sick for several days before getting better.
To help prevent norovirus, the CDC suggests:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Carefully wash fruits and vegetables before eating them.
- Cook oysters and shellfish thoroughly before consumption.
- Do not prepare food or care for others when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly.
- Wash soiled laundry thoroughly.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent norovirus.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.