(HealthDay News) -- Ferris wheels and roller coasters are summer staples for many. Unfortunately, more than 30,000 emergency room visits in 2016 were linked to amusement parks and carnivals, says the University of Michigan.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The school encourages parents to:
- Speak up if park employees are exhibiting unsafe behaviors.
- Only let your child ride if the child meets height and age requirements.
- Have an action plan ready if kids become separated.
- Revisit "stranger danger" tips before a park visit.
- Stay hydrated and eat something substantial.
- Don't wear baggy clothing.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.