Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- Walking is a versatile form of exercise that can be done most anywhere. The American Heart Association suggests that adults spend at least 30 minutes each day doing a moderate intensity activity. Fitting brisk walking into your daily schedule is one way to meet that goal.
To fit walking into your schedule, the AHA suggests:
- Park or get off at the bus/train station 10 minutes away from your job.
- Schedule a lunchtime walk in your work calendar.
- Keep everything at work that you'll need for walking.
- Listen to music while walking, or recruit friends to walk with you.
- Before going to bed, lay out your walking clothes and shoes.
If you decide to walk at night, the AHA reminds you to wear reflective clothing or carry a light.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.