Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Giving a child the wrong dose or an inappropriate medication can have serious consequences, says MedlinePlus.
Drug labels for prescription medicines should have a section on use among children.
To safely give medicine to your child, MedlinePlus suggests:
- Read and follow the label directions every time.
- Watch for any side effects.
- Know the abbreviations for amounts such as tablespoon and teaspoon.
- Use the correct dosing device.
- Follow age- and weight-limit restrictions.
- Check with a doctor before giving two medicines at once.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.