Latest Infectious Disease News
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Chicken Coops Pose Threat of 'Viral Spillover'
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
TUESDAY, July 2, 2019 (HealthDay News) -- Packaged varieties of butternut squash, cauliflower, zucchini and a butternut squash-based veggie bowls have been recalled by Growers Express due to possible listeria contamination.
Most of the recalled products are labeled with a "Best If Used By" date of June 26- June 29, 2019 and were sold at numerous retailers in dozens of states.
No illnesses associated with the recalled products have been reported, according to Maine-based Growers Express.
Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. It can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.