Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Whether you are bitten by your dog or an unknown one, you must treat the wound without delay.
Immediate treatment reduces your risk of infection, says Cleveland Clinic.
To treat a dog bite, the clinic suggests:
- Press on the wound gently to flush out bacteria.
- Wash the wound with soap and water.
- Slow bleeding with a clean cloth.
- Apply an over-the-counter antibiotic cream.
- Wrap the wound in a sterile bandage, and change it at least daily.
- Watch for signs of infection.
- See a doctor.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.