Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Though a campfire is a great place for sing-a-longs and s'mores, it also is prone to mishaps.
Each year, campfire accidents send thousands of people to the emergency room, says the National Fire Protection Association.
The association encourages:
- Keep campfires 25 feet away from structures.
- Avoid starting campfires on windy, dry days.
- Watch children and pets while the fire is burning.
- Attend to the fire at all times.
- Always have a source of water nearby.
- Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the site.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.