Latest Digestion News
- Tens of Thousands of Virus Species Living in Gut
- Why Wait Times for Donor Kidneys Not Improving?
- Neanderthal Poop Clue to Modern Humans Microbiome
- Doubt on 'Early Warning' System for Kidney Patient
- 5-Step Healthy Living Plan Ease Chronic Heartburn
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- Crohn's disease is a chronic condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Though the exact cause is unknown, both genetic and environmental factors may play a role.
Crohn's disease can develop at any age, with the most common age of diagnosis being in a person's 20s. Most commonly, patients have symptoms including diarrhea, abdominal cramps and weight loss, says MedlinePlus.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.