(HealthDay News) -- From acrylic to oil-based, most paints for indoor use are safe to use. But paint users should be aware of first aid for paint exposure, says the National Capital Poison Center.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
Poison Control suggests:
- Wash paint from the skin with soap and water.
- If paint gets into the eyes, rinse with running water for 15-20 minutes.
- If someone swallows paint, give a small amount of water or milk to drink.Then contact poison control.
- Watch for nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- If someone inhales paint fumes and feels sick, immediately get fresh air. Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.