Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Without early treatment, sepsis can lead to tissue damage, organ failure and death.
To protect yourself from sepsis, the CDC recommends:
- Talking to your doctor about steps you can take to prevent infections.
- Taking good care of chronic conditions and getting recommended vaccines.
- Practicing good hygiene.
- Knowing the symptoms of sepsis.
- Acting quickly if you suspect sepsis.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.