(HealthDay News) -- Every 11 seconds, an elderly person is taken to the hospital for a fall-related injury, says the U.S. National Council on Aging.
Latest Senior Health News
Though the number is staggering, most falls are preventable, the council says.
The council encourages elderly people to:
- Find a balance and exercise program.
- Speak with a health care provider.
- Regularly review your medications and note side effects.
- Get your vision and hearing checked annually.
- Keep your home safe.
- Enlist the support of family members.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.