(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide (CO) is known as "the invisible killer" because it's a colorless, odorless and poisonous gas.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
More than 150 people in the United States die each year from accidental CO poisoning, says the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The commission encourages consumers to:
- Have annual heating system inspections.
- Never use portable generators indoors.
- Never use an oven for heating.
- Install battery-operated CO alarms.
- Know the symptoms of CO poisoning.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.