Latest Infectious Disease News
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Chicken Coops Pose Threat of 'Viral Spillover'
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
Possible listeria contamination has led to recall of avocados by Henry Avocado, a grower and distributor based near San Diego.
The recall is for conventional and organic avocados that were grown and packed in California, and sold in bulk across California, Arizona, Florida, Wisconsin, North Carolina and New Hampshire, the Associated Press reported.
The recall was issued by the company after samples tested positive for listeria during routine inspection of its packing plant.
No cases of illness associated with the avocados have been reported.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.