Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- From fruits and vegetables to chicken and pork, salmonella bacteria can make their way to a variety of foods. However, because contaminated foods often look and smell normal, detection can be difficult.
- Wash your hands after contact with animals.
- Refrigerate perishables, prepared foods and leftovers within 2 hours.
- Don't eat uncooked eggs and poultry.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.