Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
Sodium, calcium, potassium, chlorine, phosphate and magnesium are types of electrolytes that are absorbed from foods you eat and fluids you drink.
The U.S. Library of Medicine mentions these roles of electrolytes:
- Balance the amount of water in your body.
- Balance your body's acid/base (pH).
- Move nutrients into your cells.
- Move wastes from your cells.
- Help make sure the nerves, muscles, heart and brain work properly.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.