(HealthDay News) -- The heel is the largest of 26 bones in the human foot, the American Podiatric Medical Association says.
Latest Skin News
The association offers these suggestions to avoid heel pain:
- Wear shoes that fit well front, back and sides; have shock-absorbent soles, rigid shanks and supportive heel counters.
- Wear the proper shoes for each activity.
- Do not wear shoes with excessive wear on heels or soles.
- Before exercising, warm up and stretch.
- Pace yourself when you participate in athletics.
- Lose extra weight.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.