(HealthDay News) -- Uncontrolled high blood pressure is dangerous and could even lead to death, the American Heart Association says.
Latest High Blood Pressure News
The AHA offers these suggestions for controlling high blood pressure:
- Know your numbers and identity your target blood pressure range.
- Work with your doctor to develop a plan to lower your pressure.
- Make lifestyle changes -- such as maintaining a healthy weight, eating a healthy diet, consuming less salt, getting regular exercise and limiting alcohol.
- Keep track of your blood pressure at home.
- Take any blood pressure medication your doctor prescribes.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.