(HealthDay News) -- Children should be taught how to wash their hair without damaging it, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
Latest Healthy Kids News
Improper washing can damage the hair and even lead to hair loss, the academy adds.
It offers these suggestions for proper hair washing:
- Wet hair and scalp with warm water. Shampoo works best on wet hair.
- Pour a quarter-size drop of shampoo in the palm of your child's hand. Putting the shampoo in the hand first makes it easier to apply.
- Tell your child to massage the shampoo gently into the scalp.
- Cover hair with a towel.
- Comb out damp hair gently.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
- Surgery Second Opinion
- Caregivers: Don't Forget Your Needs
- Drug Abuse Recovery
- Dupuytren’s Treatment