Latest Alzheimer's News
There are five phases of grieving: denial, anger, guilt, sadness and acceptance.
The association suggests how to cope with grief and loss:
- Face your feelings and accept them.
- Prepare to have feelings of loss as dementia progresses.
- Understand that no two people grieve in exactly the same way.
- Talk with someone you trust about your feelings.
- Stay involved in activities that you enjoy.
- Join a support group.
- Accept things that you cannot change.
- Take care of yourself.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.