(HealthDay News) -- Since there are so many blood vessels in the nose and they are so close to the surface, they are relatively easy to injure and trigger a nosebleed, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
Latest Allergies News
The academy mentions these preventive suggestions:
- Keep children's fingernails short to discourage nose picking.
- Counteract the drying effects of indoor heated air by using a humidifier.
- Quit smoking. Smoking dries and irritates your nose.
- Open your mouth when you sneeze.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
- Surgery Second Opinion
- Caregivers: Don't Forget Your Needs
- Drug Abuse Recovery
- Dupuytren’s Treatment