(HealthDay News) -- Hoarseness tends to happen when there is a problem with the vocal cords, the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery says.
Latest Digestion News
The academy offers these vocal wellness tips:
- Refrain from speaking while there's loud background noise.
- Be aware of how much and how loudly you are talking.
- Use a microphone if your job requires a lot of talking.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid large amounts of caffeine.
- If you smoke, quit. Also, avoid secondhand smoke.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.