(HealthDay News) -- Staying safe on the job means lowering your risks of injury and illness, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
Here are the agency's suggestions for what you can do -- both at work and at home -- to stay safer on the job:
- Lift things using your legs instead of your back.
- Set up your work area to fit your body.
- Take short breaks and stretch.
- Always wear protective equipment when needed.
- Ask about available health resources at work.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Get enough exercise.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Do what you can to manage stress.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.