Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Ice skating is a fun winter activity, and it's also great exercise.
The National Safety Council suggests how you and your loved ones can skate safely:
- Wear skates that fit comfortably and provide enough ankle support.
- Sharpen your blades professionally each season.
- If outdoors, skate only on prepared areas where you are sure the ice is strong enough to support you.
- Always check for cracks, holes and obstacles on the ice that could make you fall.
- Wear warm clothing.
- Take a rest or consider stopping for the day if you are cold or tired.
- Never skate alone.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.