(HealthDay News) -- The skin is the largest organ in the human body. And petroleum jelly is an inexpensive, readily available way to help protect it.
Latest Skin News
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Apply petroleum jelly to damp skin, including lips and eyelids.
- Apply it to minor cuts, scrapes and scratches to keep nearby skin from drying out.
- Apply it to body areas prone to chafing.
- Apply it after a diaper change if your child is prone to a rash.
- Apply it to nails and cuticles between polishes. This will minimize brittleness and help prevent chipping.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.