(HealthDay News) -- Autumn is a particularly dangerous time to be out driving. The days are getting shorter, the weather can be unpredictable and wet leaves frequently cover the roads.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Association of Retired Persons suggests these Autumn driving tips:
- Watch for kids. They may line the streets waiting for buses, biking or walking.
- Drive earlier. The days are getting shorter, and as we age, our night vision weakens.
- Watch for deer and other wildlife, which may find the cooler days and nights more suitable for mating.
- Be careful of damp leaves and wet spots in the road.
- Check your vehicle's tires for adequate tread and air pressure.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.