Latest Cancer News
While most people do not need to have predictive genetic testing, the society says testing is worth considering if you have:
- A number of close relatives -- such as parents or siblings -- with cancer, especially with the same kind of cancer or stemming from the same genetic mutation.
- A close family member with more than one type of cancer.
- A family member who developed cancer at a younger-than-expected age.
- A family member with a relatively rare cancer, such as breast cancer in a male.
- If you and family members are of a certain ethnic background.
- If you have a physical symptom of an inherited cancer, such as having colon polyps.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.