Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Mold can thrive in places from logs and fallen trees to bathrooms and kitchens, the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology says. It notes there are about 1,000 species of mold.
Here are the group's suggestions for limiting mold growth at home:
- Clean up any spills or leaks promptly.
- Use dehumidifiers or exhaust fans and crack windows to reduce humidity in bathrooms and in other susceptible rooms.
- Clean garbage cans and refrigerator drip pans regularly.
- Clear roof gutters frequently. Make sure they flow away from the home's foundation.
- Call a professional, or follow guidelines from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, to clean up any existing mold.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.