Latest Cancer News
Someone diagnosed with many forms of cancer today has a good chance of living with the disease for many years.
The society suggests how people can better deal with the disease:
- Be informed. Learn as much as you can about your cancer and how you can improve your health. Being better informed will give you a better sense of being in control.
- But accept that you do not have complete control of your disease.
- Face your fears, but don't dwell on them.
- Express your feelings to a loved one or counselor. If you are open with your emotions, you may feel less worried and more empowered.
- Enjoy the present, rather than dwelling on an uncertain future or a difficult past.
- Make time to do what you want.
- Work toward having a positive attitude. Identify things you feel grateful about.
- Stay as healthy as possible by eating well and exercising. But rest often.
- Explore different ways to relax, including enjoying time alone and with others.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.