(HealthDay News) -- The health benefits of quitting smoking have been well documented. But many people put it off, fearing the inevitable cravings.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services suggests how to manage cravings:
- Keep your hands busy, such as by sorting the mail or washing the dishes.
- Prepare healthy snacks in the morning to have them ready throughout the day.
- Chew sugar-free gum.
- Discover a new activity, such as completing crossword puzzles.
- Take public transportation or ride with a friend, if you associate driving your car with smoking.
- Take deep breaths to help you relax.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.