Latest Healthy Kids News
The Nemours Foundation says you can help prevent diaper rash by keeping the infant's skin dry and clean.
- Keep the skin dry as the rash heals.
- Increase the amount of time your baby spends without a diaper. Airing out the area may speed healing.
- Wash your baby's diaper area gently with warm water before each diaper change. Avoid soaps and baby wipes that can irritate skin.
- When your baby has diaper rash, use disposable diapers.
- Use a diaper ointment or paste that contains zinc oxide with each diaper change. This will form a protective barrier on the skin.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.