Latest Healthy Kids News
A child with ADHD can be a more impulsive, which can lead to issues with learning and maintaining friendships.
If your child is diagnosed with ADHD, he or she may have difficulty organizing things, listening to instructions, remembering details and controlling behavior.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to help a child with ADHD:
- Make a schedule.
- Make simple house rules.
- Make sure your directions are understood.
- Reward good behavior.
- Supervise the child, when possible.
- Watch the child around his or her friends.
- Set a homework routine.
- Focus on effort instead of grades.
- Communicate openly and often with the child's teachers.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.