Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Falling from a ladder can cause serious injury, even death. But nearly all ladder injuries are preventable, the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society says.
The society suggests:
- Read the safety instructions that come with your ladder before using it.
- Follow all warning labels on your ladder.
- Make sure your ladder is designed for the type of work you are doing.
- Only use your ladder in ways that the instructions describe.
- Set up your ladder according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Do not use a ladder that is not working well.
- Only one person should use the ladder at a time.
- Keep rungs clean and dry. Grease, water and wet paint can cause you to slip.
- Do not wear baggy clothing that could get caught.
- Wear shoes with tread that cover your toes.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.