Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The society suggests how to stay safer while using a mower:
- Read the mower's manual before use.
- Keep the mower in good working order with sharp blades. Make sure the mower has protection over hot and sharp parts.
- Pick up potential hazards, such as stones, toys and debris, before you mow.
- Wear goggles, hearing protection, gloves and long pants while using a mower.
- Wear sturdy close-toed shoes while mowing.
- Don't drink alcohol before or during mowing.
- Don't remove safety devices or guards from the mower.
- Never insert hands or feet into the mower to remove grass or debris.
- Never lift a mower by the bottom. The blades can cut fingers even if the mower is off.
- Never cut grass while it is wet or damp.
- Never allow children under age 12 to operate a push mower or those under 16 to drive a riding mower.
- Keep children off the lawn while mowing, and never have a passenger on a riding mower.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.