(HealthDay News) -- Regular exercise is a mainstay of healthy lifestyle.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
But a compulsive need to exercise actually may be harmful.
When bad weather, illness or injury don't afford a day of rest, you may have a compulsive exercise disorder.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these potential signs of a compulsive exercise disorder:
- Refusal to skip a workout, even if tired, sick or hurt.
- Feeling anxious or guilty when missing even one workout.
- Preoccupation with weight and exercise.
- Tendency to exercise more after eating a lot or missing a workout.
- Tendency to eat much less if there's an inability to exercise.
- Avoiding seeing friends, meeting responsibilities or engaging in fun activities to make more time for exercise.
- Basing self-worth on the number of recent workouts.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.