(HealthDay News) -- Each day, adults pass about 1.5 quarts of urine through the bladder, the National Institute on Aging says.
Latest Digestion News
Keeping your bladder healthy can help prevent infection and incontinence, which tend to become more common as you age, the agency says.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water. Most people should drink at least six 8-ounce glasses each day.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine.
- Quit smoking.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid holding urine in your bladder, when possible.
- Fully empty the bladder when urinating.
- Urinate after sex to flush away any bacteria that may have entered the urethra.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.