(HealthDay News) -- Want your hair to look healthier?
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how to achieve healthier locks:
- Wash oily hair more frequently.
- Wash chemically treated hair less often.
- As you age, your scalp should make less oil, so you may not need to shampoo as often.
- Watch for flakes -- which may indicate dandruff or another scalp condition.
- Concentrate shampoo on the scalp instead of washing the entire length of hair.
- Use conditioner after every shampoo, or use a 2-in-1 product that cleans and conditions.
- Apply conditioner on the tips of hair.
- Choose a shampoo and conditioner formulated for your hair type.
- When swimming, wet and condition hair beforehand, or wear a tight-fitting cap.
- Use a specially formulated swimmer's shampoo and deep conditioner after swimming to replace lost moisture.
Latest Skin News
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.