Latest Diabetes News
- Health Tip: Control Some Risk Factors for Diabetes
- Want to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes Eat More Whole Grain
- New Hormonal Link Suspected in Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Warns of Serious Genital Infection With Diabetes Meds
- Health Tip: Keep Diabetic Feet Healthier
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
But by taking care of your feet every day and by watching your blood sugar carefully, diabetics can help prevent these problems, the U.S. National Institute of Diabetes, and Digestive and Kidney Diseases says.
The NIDDK suggests how to keep your feet healthier:
- Check feet daily for any cuts or sores.
- Wash feet every day.
- Smooth away corns and calluses gently.
- Trim toenails straight across.
- Always wear shoes and socks.
- Keep blood flowing to your feet.
- Protect feet from hot and cold temperatures.
- Make sure doctors thoroughly check your feet.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.