(HealthDay News) -- More than 53 million people in the United States have osteoporosis or are at higher risk due to low bone mass, the U.S. National Institutes of Health says.
Latest Arthritis News
- Help protect your bones by taking calcium and vitamin D supplements, or by getting enough of these essentials through your diet.
- Limit salt.
- Eat enough protein. Women should have 46 grams a day and men should have 56 grams a day.
- Exercise to build and maintain bone density.
- Reduce your risk of falling by practicing balance, flexibility and strength exercises.
- Keep a tidy home, free of clutter that could become a tripping hazard.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.