(HealthDay News) -- Bed bugs are excellent at hiding in the seams of chairs, in and around the bed and in the folds of cushions, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The agency suggests how to prevent bed bug infestation at home:
- Check secondhand furniture for any signs of bed bugs before purchasing.
- Use protective covers to encase mattresses and box springs. Check these regularly for holes.
- Reduce clutter so bed bugs have fewer places to hide.
- Unpack directly into your washing machine after a trip. Check your luggage carefully.
- When staying in hotels, place suitcases on luggage racks, not on the floor. Inspect the mattress and headboard for signs of bed bugs.
Copyright © 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.